Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Family Treasures!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!  I have to say...I survived...but I think that I did not stop eating from Friday evening to Sunday evening!!  I need a detox this week!!!
The cool thing about my parent's house is that they are still in the same house I grew up in.  Sooo....everytime I go down...my mom says...I have a box of old stuff for you to go through.   OOOOOHHHH!!!  Here are the goodies I came home with this visit: 

This yummy pink McCoy Vase...
I LOVE this glass pedastal bowl....
This clock...not my usual thing...but I fell in love with it!!
My dad's harmonica from when he was little boy! 
A neat old jar with some vintage thimbles.
Growing up in the desert in the 80's...we had Indian Maidens instead of Girl Scouts...this was my badge/necklace.  I was Little Poppy Seed:)
Then...I came across a box of my old junk...so funny...I have not lived there for 20 years!!  This was an ID bracelet that I LOVED and wore for years!  It still fits!!! 

I love treasure hunting...expecially when it is family treasures!!
Hopefully you made some family memories/treasures!

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

TTFN,

Kristin

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful treasures you found!!! They are each prettier than the other. It is so much fun to find things around that one has forgotten. Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess what? I just so happened to put the matching twin to your Mc coy vase in the store today !!
    Same color and everything AND I have a white one and an aqua one too (they are going to the Remnants show though) You will have to come by and visit it sometime...he,he
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete